Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pesach Happenings


Pesach (Passover) and The Feast of Unleavened Bread
have come to an end this year
and I was able to take some time to look through
some of the moments that we captured.

One of the things we enjoyed this year
was our new board game - Let My People Go.
We chuckled at the rhymes 
as we made our way through the Exodus.




We, also, painted pillowcases to put on our pillows
that we brought with us to the seder (order of the Passover meal) we attended. 




We "experimented" with adding some tradition this year
and using pillows during the seder is a tradition that it used
to celebrate/commemorate not having to eat
the Passover meal in haste, as in the first Passover.

This is something we are still studying
but, this year, we did bring our pillows along
because we joined a traditional seder.



This was our first year to spend Passover with other people.






Who shall ascend into the hill of YHVH? 
or who shall stand in his set-apart place?
He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart...
Psalm 24:3-4





During the evening, the children put on a skit,
taking us through the plagues and the exodus.
It was a blessing to witness.



Putting the blood on the door posts



The death of the first borns

Pharoah was relentless...
We were all tickled to see Daddy do his part...



The evening was a new experience and a blessing in many ways.

The following afternoon/evening, the group we meet with
went through the parts of the Passover meal, as well.
It was a joy to meet for fellowship both times
and to hear, learn, and discuss the various applications.




Though I've only shared photos,
there was much more going on behind the scenes...
And though I may not have had some awesome revelation,
the Ruach (Spirit) was at work in my heart and mind
and it was a deep joy to draw nearer to the Father during this time.

I doubt that I will ever cease to be amazed at Abba's feast days.
They are like nothing I had ever experienced with other "holidays".
I will be eternally grateful that, in His mercy and lovingkindess,
He opened my eyes and changed my heart and mind.

Thank You, Abba.
I love You.


~ Christina



p.s. If you'd like to see the skit that the children did... here it is :)



3 comments:

Anne said...

Thank you for sharing this with us! It was really a special "rehearsal" this year, wasn't it? Kinda sad to see the week go. Next year in Jerusalem? :-) (((hugs))) ~Anne

Christina said...

Yes, it was a special rehearsal, Anne! :) Looking forward to it in Jerusalem! Shalom!! {hugs}

Crystal said...

looks like you all had a blessed Feast!!! Praise YAH for such a blessing. thanks for sharring!!! I will have to do the pillows with my girls for next year!!!