Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Setting Apart Shabbat

I love Shabbat. I look forward to it every week. It is such a delight!
My life has not been the same since Abba opened my eyes to His set-apart day of rest.

It has been about a year and a half since I began keeping Shabbat
and I suspect it will be a lifelong process of learning just how to set it apart.

Something we enjoy doing (though not a command) is Kiddush.
Kiddush, in Hebrew, means sanctification - to set apart.
We enjoy entering into (setting apart) His day of rest by 
breaking bread, enjoying the fruit of the vine, and blessing YHVH.

I hope that in years to come, our children will look back on this as a fond memory,
as they continue to walk in His ways into their adulthood and with their own families.




     Blessed is He and blessed is His Name.

And it shall come to pass that from one rosh chodesh to another,
and from one Shabbat to another, all flesh shall come to worship before Me, says YHVH.{Isaiah 66:23}

YHVH is my light and my salvation; whom should I fear?
YHVH is the refuge of my life; whom shall I dread? {Psalm 27:1}

For You Yourself light my lamp; YHVH my Elohim makes my darkness light. {Psalm 18:28}

Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. {Psalm 119:105}

Therefore Yeshua spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world.
He who follows Me shall by no means walk in darkness, but possess the light of life. {John 8:12}

He was the true Light, which enlightens every man, coming into the world. {John 1:9}

    - Blessed are You, YHVH, Eloheinu, King of the universe,
Who has set us apart by Your Word, commanded us to keep the Shabbat,
and to be a light unto the nations, and has given us Yeshua, our Messiah, the Light of the World.




Shabbat Shalom, Israel {His set-apart ones}!

~ Christina

1 comment:

A Will for YHVH said...

Love it mom! Hope that we keep doing it for all time!
Love you!